Helpful Hints Regarding the Application Process

Legal Residency Requirement

In accordance with state law, each professional licensing agency in Arizona is now required to request proof of residency status from new applicants.  Instructions and the required form are now available on the Board's website and will be mailed with all future application. Legal Resident Form

If you have a Certificate of Naturalization, you can do one of the following:
1) Provide a copy of your Certificate of Naturalization to the Board
2) Bring your original Certificate of Naturalization to the Board's Office for review by Board staff.  NOTE: Please call the Board in advance to ensure that the staff members who are able to complete the verification are available.

Temporary License

Temporary License Application

A fingerprint card or a fingerprint clearance card are required with every application. If you need a fingerprint card and instructions please call the Board at 602-542-1882 and leave your name and address to have them mailed to you. Your fingerprints are for a background check only and will not result in the issuance of a clearance card. If your type of employment requires you to have a fingerprint clearance card, you must apply directly with DPS.

Pursuant to A.A.C. R4-6-210(4) Beginning on January 1, 2006, the Board shall not accept work experience acquired after December 31, 2005, by an unlicensed professional practicing under an exemption provided in A.R.S. Sec 32-3271.

Instructions to complete supervised work experience form

Instructions to complete clinical supervision form

Information regarding use of a clinical supervisor not employed by the agency where you receive your work experience.